REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part Time, Up to 20hrs a week
SCHEDULE: Day shift; bi-monthly evening meeting
WORK LOCATION: Bremen, GA and remote work
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Financial Secretary maintains accountability for all Church funds and expense accounts. This job includes maintaining payroll and benefits records.
· Maintain accountability for all church funds and expense accounts.
· Reconcile all accounts monthly and maintain records.
· Enter deposits.
· Prepare deposits of other funds.
· Prepare documents for audits.
· Make general journal entries to appropriate accounts.
· Manage bank signer changes.
· Manage integrity of financial accounts.
· Process payroll bi-weekly/monthly
· Process quarterly and annual reports for the IRS.
· Monitor purchase orders and debit card transactions.
· Reconcile credit card statements and process payments.
· Match and process invoices for payment in a timely fashion.
· Print checks
· Insurance Filings and Reports
· Prepare budget figures to assist Finance Committee
· Process and mail church liabilities / accounts payable.
· Prepare all appropriate monthly / quarterly reports as required by the Finance Committee, Church Council and Board of Trustees.
· Complete necessary financial forms as required by the church conference.
· High School Diploma or equivalent GED
· 1 + years Bookkeeping Experience
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets
· Must have proficient computer skills.
· Possess financial and analytical skills
· Experience with accounting software – preferred.
Candidate must be able to pass a background check and complete a Safe Sanctuary Training Course.
For more information or to submit a resume, contact Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.